In the past few years, some of Nepal’s plantations, such as Arya Tara, have been moving away from tradition to follow their manager’s passion for creating uncommon teas.
A complex black tea with gourmet floral notes and vegetal hints. Its creamy texture opens up to fresh, subtle notes.
- Ilam, Nepal
- Tea colour:
- black tea (cooked)
- Appearance: magnificent long, rolled leaves, with numerous buds
- Colour: silvery buds and green leaves
- Scents: floral, vanilla
- Scents: floral (rose), zest
- Colour: golden
- Texture: very creamy
- Flavours: sweet
- Aromas: a highly floral attack (fresh roses), with vanilla, vegetal, orange blossom notes and a zesty finale.
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: A tea that is very persistent in the mouth. Its very creamy texture unveils fresh, floral and fruity notes. A complex and very elegant tea
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.