Some Nepalese plantations have broken with tradition and are following their passion to produce teas that are out of the ordinary. This delicious white tea comes from a garden in Ilam district.
A sweet Nepalese white tea with floral, vanilla and almond notes. Boasting an oily texture, this Grand Cru also prolongs the notes in the mouth.
- Ilam, Nepal
- Tea colour:
- white tea
- Appearance: finely-rolled delicate buds
- Colours: a blend of green and silver
- Scents: floral, vegetal
- Scents: a strong vegetal flavour (fresh grass), floral, fruity
- Colour: pale gold
- Texture: oily
- Flavours: very sweet
- Aromas: floral (fresh flowers), vanilla, milk, fresh almond, vegetal hints
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a delicious white tea with a sweet taste and oily texture, with elegant floral and vanilla notes
Suggestion of preparation
With the testing: 3'45 minutes in water heated to 85°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.