One of the best Assams. With a large leaf and plenty of golden tips, this remarkable tea produces an amber liquor with a rich fragrance. A very fine tea which is flowery in the cup and long in the mouth.
- Appearance: regular, well-rolled leaves with plenty of golden buds
- Colours: golden brown
- Scents: spicy, woody
- Colours: brown and red
- Scents: nutmeg spices, woody, malty
- Texture: a pronounced astringency that coats the palette, full and well structured
- Flavours: bitter
- Aromas: very spicy (nutmeg, clove), malty, and woody, dry wood notes
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a long woody note
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 3-5 minutes in water heated to 90°C.
To prepare this hot tea:
Take 6g of tea leaves for 30cl of filtered water and heat to 90°. Infuse for 2 minutes.
To prepare iced tea:
Steep 16g in 1L of water at room temperature 45min. Remove the tea leaves and refrigerate.