Nestled in the Mirik valley, Gopaldhara is one of the highest gardens in Darjeeling. This tea is produced from a mix of the plantation's finest clonal tea plants.
The spring batches are renowned for their aromatic complexity, as well as their freshness.
This tea is characterised by powerful vegetal and almond notes with a long finish against a finely powdered texture.
- Darjeeling, India
- Tea colour:
- black tea
- Appearance: a blend of leaves and buds
- Colour: green pale and brown
- Scents: vegetal, almond, toasted
- Scents: floral, fruit, vegetal
- Colour: golden
- Texture: powdery
- Flavours: sweet
- Aromas: raw vegetal, almond, floral, yellow fruits, citrus, artichoke, toast
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: this spring tea boasts a fine aromatic complexity with zesty,rose and artichoke notes. The round and delicately powdered texture gives the fragrances a long finishin the mouth.
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 3'45 minutes in water heated to 85°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.