Nestled in the Mirik valley, the Gopaldhara Tea Estate is one of the highest plantations in Darjeeling. This Grand Cru is harvested in the spring, and is a fine, bud-rich harvest. It is produced from clonal tea plants.
This Grand Cru has a velvety texture, and develops delicious fresh, floral, zesty and vegetal notes which are supported by a delicate sweet flavour.
- Darjeeling, India
- Tea colour:
- black tea
- Appearance: large leaves and buds, finely rolled
- Colour: a blend of dark green, light green and coppery
- Scents: fruit, vegetal, floral.
- Scents: floral, zest, vegetal
- Colour: golden
- Texture: velvety
- Flavours: sweet, delicate acidity
- Aromas: geranium, citrus zest, raw courgette, almond, brioche, vegetal finish
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: this Grand Cru is characterised by a combination of intense vegetal and fruity fragrances, which are given a long finish by this tea's elegant and finely powdered texture
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 3'45 minutes in water heated to 85°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.