This spring batch is harvested in the Gopaldhara Tea Estate, which is located in the Mirik Valley, Darjeeling. It is produced from a bud-rich harvest from clonal tea plants, which provides this tea with a high aromatic complexity.
This batch has an initial vegetal and floral notes, which develops into almond fragrances supported by a fine astringency and a subtle, sweet flavour.
- Darjeeling, India
- Tea colour:
- black tea
- Appearance: large leaves and buds, finely rolled
- Colour: a blend of dark green, light green and coppery
- Scents: vegetal, fruit, toasted
- Scents: fresh vegetal, floral, zest
- Colour: golden
- Texture: velvety
- Flavours: sweet
- Aromas: highly floral, eucalyptus hint, almond, zesty hint and toasted bread crust
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a fresh and floral spring Darjeeling which develops a fine astringency with a very long finish
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 3'45 minutes in water heated to 85°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.