Margaret's Hope is a fruity Darjeeling with a great character. Special feature: it is invigorating and dark because of the greater proportion of Assam tea plants (20%) than Chinese plants on the plantation, something that is not very common in Darjeeling.
Dark, fruity, and full of character, it stimulates without overexciting.
- Aspect: small leaves rolled lengthwise
- Colour: dark brown with a few more coppery leaves
- Scents: cooked fruit, jam, woody, spicy, liquorice
- Colour: coppery, orange
- Flavours: slightly sweet
- Aromas: a floral, very fruity attack (apple, grape), citrus, woody and a few honey, liquorice notes, combined with a freshness from the planty notes (fresh leaves)
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: very well balanced notes which make this lovely and long in the mouth, thanks to the astringent qualities