This batch comes from the Rohini garden in West Bengal (district of Kurseong). The spring harvests are renowned for their freshness and aromatic complexity. A rare and unusual batch, it is closely related to the white tea family.
A rare tea with floral, subtly toasted notes and a hint of zest, revealing a very smooth texture that coats the entire palate.
- Darjeeling, India
- Tea colour:
- white tea
- Appearance: large rolled leaves and buds
- Colours: light green and dark green leaves, buds with silvery glints
- Scents: floral, vegetal, toast
- Scents: very fruity (zesty), floral, vegetal
- Colour: golden
- Texture: very creamy
- Flavours: acidic
- Aromas: powerful, zesty and floral start (rose, geranium) with notes of fresh vegetal (stems), brioche, orange blossom and subtly toasted hints
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a spring Darjeeling with explosive fruity and floral flavours offering a long finish. Its fresh and intense aromatic notes are supported by a rich texture that coats the entire palate
Suggestion of preparation
Au set à déguster : 3'45 minutes dans une eau à 85°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.