The Thurbo plantation is located in the Mirik valley at an altitude ranging from 980 to 2,440 metres. The leaves of the year’s first harvests boast a particularly strong concentration of active ingredients, lending the tea a highly complex aromatic profile.
Both sweet and smooth this exceptional spring Darjeeling reveals intense floral and vegetal notes.
- Darjeeling, India
- Tea colour:
- black tea
- Appearance: leaves and large buds with an attractive regularity
- Colour: shades of green with silvery glints
- Scents: nuts, brioche, toasted
- Scents: bouquet of flowers, candied lemon and brioche
- Colour: gleaming gold
- Texture: smooth
- Flavours: very sweet
- Aromas: highly floral start (bouquet of fresh roses), fruity, long-lasting core (candied citrus fruits, exotic fruits), fresh almond, orange blossom with a vegetal note and an intense finish of vanilla and zest
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: this spring tea with complex, intense notes is supported by a smooth texture which lines the palate. A sublime grand cru with no astringency and a sweet flavour which enhances the gourmet, floral and infinitely fruity notes. An exceptional tea
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 3'45 minutes in water heated to 85°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.