A Chinese black tea from the province of Yunnan, harvested in the Ailao mountains over 2,000 metres above sea level. Its Chinese name, Jin Ya, translates as “golden shoots” and refers to the abundant harvest of buds from this exceptional Grand Cru.
A delicious black tea with rich, subtle fragrances. Its very creamy texture supports notes of flowers, honey, polished wood and leather.
- Yunnan, China
- Tea colour:
- black tea
- Appearance: magnificent buds
- Colour: golden buds
- Scents: very honey, waxed wood, floral
- Scents: floral, honey
- Colour: amber
- Texture: smooth
- Flavours: sweet, with a slight acidity
- Aromas: floral, hints of button mushrooms, flower honey, wax, wood and leather with an undertone of cocoa
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a delicious, smooth and sweet black tea which reveals a considerable aromatic complexity with its floral, waxy and honeyed notes
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 4 minutes in water heated to 90°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.