This tea is made using the Surugawase cultivar. Fukamushi teas are characterised by the steaming process, which is two or three times longer than for other Senchas. This produces a bright green liquor, a very thick texture, and intense notes.
A umami-rich tea with a complex aromatic profile whose grassy and buttery notes are followed by marine aroma.
This tea is grown organically and certified by Ecocert, an accredited independent certification body.
- Kagoshima, Japan
- Tea colour:
- green tea
- Appearance: whole leaves and broken leaves
- Colour: pale green and dark green, glossy
- Scents: pronounced fresh vegetal, a hint of mint, marine, buttery
- Scents: fresh vegetal (cut grass), butter, marine note
- Colour: pale bright green
- Texture: thick and creamy, turning velvety at the back of the mouth
- Flavours: pronounced umami
- Aromas: pronounced vegetal (cut grass), butter, fresh almonds, marine note, and a floral hint
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: A highly-concentrated tea with a thick, round texture and velvety overtones supporting intense aromas of cut grass, as well as buttery and marine notes
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 2 minutes in water heated to 70°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.