Nestling in the Mirik valley, Gopaldhara is one of the highest gardens in Darjeeling. This Grand Cru is produced from a blend of Sinensis-based cultivars. The production of Third Flush teas involves a more thorough leaf oxidation process.
An autumn flush Grand Cru with wooden, artichoke and stewed fruit notes. This tea's fine astringency gives the notes a long finish.
- Darjeeling, India
- Tea colour:
- black tea
- Appearance: small rolled leaves
- Colour: blend of brown and green
- Scents: vegetal, toasted, wood
- Scents: fruit, wood, honey
- Colour: amber
- Texture: velvety attack with a delicate final astringency
- Flavours: sweet with a subtle acidic flavour
- Aromas: wood, fresh vegetal, artichoke, hints of camphor, stewed fruit, waxed, spicy
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: an autumn flush Darjeeling with wooden, fruity and vegetal notes that unfurl in a delicately astringent texture with a long finish
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 4 minutes in water heated to 85°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.