Nestling in the Mirik valley, Gopaldhara is one of the highest gardens in Darjeeling. This Grand Cru is made from a blend of the finest modern cultivars, including AV2. The production of second flushes involves a more marked oxidation of the leaves.
A black tea with a delicately powdery texture and a smooth, sweet taste revealing both floral and gourmet notes.
- Darjeeling, India
- Tea colour:
- black tea
- Appearance: slightly rolled leaves and buds
- Colour: brown leaves and golden buds
- Scents: honey, wood, cocoa
- Scents: floral, fruit, wood
- Colour: amber
- Texture: powdery
- Flavours: sweet
- Aromas: floral (rose), fruity (candied citrus fruit) and woody start with notes of wax and honey, hint of spice and vanilla, toasted finish
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a highly-complex summer Darjeeling. It reveals floral, fruity and honey notes set against an elegant, powdery texture giving the notes a long finish
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 4 minutes in water heated to 85°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.