Nestling in the Mirik Valley, Gopaldhara is one of the highest tea gardens in Darjeeling. This Grand Cru is made from the AV2 cultivar, renowned for its rich aromas. Its production draws inspiration from partially oxidised Oolong teas.
A sweet autumn Grand Cru with a subtly powdery texture. Its complex aromatic notes are fruity, vegetal and floral with a hint of camphor.
- Darjeeling, India
- Tea colour:
- Oolong, light oxidation
- Appearance: mixtures of large whole leaves and buds
- Colour: green and brown leaves with silvery highlights
- Scents: toast crusts, fruity, woody
- Scents: fruit, vegetal, floral
- Colour: gold
- Texture: powdery
- Flavours: sweet with an elegant acidity
- Aromas: fruity start (yellow fruit preserve), vegetal (fresh), hint of camphor, polished wood, floral peak, toast
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a delicious oolong with a powdery texture which develops gourmet notes of stewed fruit giving way to an elegant toasted finish
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 4 minutes in water heated to 85°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.