This tea is harvested at 1,500 metres above sea level along the heights of the mighty Kilimanjaro. Once reserved for coffee production, this terroir provides ideal growing conditions: altitude, rich volcanic soil and wide temperaturevariations. A unique terroir!
A silky Grand Cru, which reveals an elegant astringent finish. It contains vegetal, iodised and mineral notes. A fresh and aromatic tea.
- Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
- Tea colour:
- green tea
- Appearance: large crumpled leaves
- Colours: olive green and light green
- Scents: vegetal, thyme, mint, nuts
- Scents: vegetal, mineral, iodised
- Colours: pale yellow
- Texture: silky with a delicate final astringency
- Flavours: acidic with a delicate bitterness
- Aromas: initial vegetal aroma, fresh vegetal, aromatic herbs (thyme), mineral, nuts (bitter almond), iodised, cooked vegetables
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a fine, fresh tea blending vegetal, iodised and subtly fruity notes, supported by a finely astringent texture which gives the flavours a long finish
Suggestion of preparation
With the testing: 4 minutes in water heated to 75°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.