This Kenyan green tea comes from the Kirinyaga region. It is harvested at over 1,800 metres above sea level along Mount Kenya. This tea is made from Assamica tea plants, and benefits from a mineral-rich volcanic soil, which is ideal for growing tea plants.
This green tea is initially silky and sweet, before developing a finely powdered finish. It is characterised by vegetal, iodised and mineral notes.
- Kirinyaga, Kenya
- Tea colour:
- green tea
- Appearance: long, twisted leaves
- Colours: dark green and buds with silvery glints
- Scents: vegetal, fruit, mineral
- Scents: cooked vegetables, fruity, mineral
- Colours: pale green
- Texture: initially silky, with a finely powdered finish
- Flavours: sweet, with a touch of bitterness which gives the taste a long finish
- Aromas: vegetal (fresh), iodised, mineral, artichokes, nuts
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: this subtly powdered green tea develops vegetal, iodised and mineral notes and a finely bitter finish, which in turn gives the notes a longer finish.
Suggestion of preparation
With the testing: 4 minutes in water heated to 75°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.