The Guranse garden is situated in eastern Nepal in the district of Dhankuta. The plantations in this garden are very environmentally-friendly, located at over 1,200 metres above sea level. This exquisite harvest has been processed in the same way as a white tea.
A very smooth, sweet autumn Grand Cru. It boasts a rich and delicate aromatic bouquet with zesty, toasted, almondand floral notes and a hint of brioche.
This tea is grown organically and certified by Ecocert, an accredited independent certification body.
- Dhankuta, Nepal
- Tea colour:
- white tea
- Appearance: attractive velvety buds
- Colours: silvery buds with dark green and brown highlights
- Scents: toast crust, dry vegetal, nuts
- Scents: floral, vegetal, zest, brioche
- Colour: gold
- Texture: smooth
- Flavours: sweet
- Aromas: toast, citrus zest, bouquet of white flowers, brioche, green almonds, fresh vegetal
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a superb white tea with a very smooth texture supporting elegant, fruity, floral and subtly toasted notes
Suggestion of preparation
With the testing: 4 minutes in water heated to 85°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.