The Guranse garden is situated in eastern Nepal in the district of Dhankuta. The plantations in this garden are very environmentally-friendly, located at over 1,200 metres above sea level. This exquisite harvest has been processed in the same way as a white tea.
A round, sweet Nepalese cru with white flower, geranium citrus zest and almond milk notes. A delicious white tea.
This tea is grown organically and certified by Ecocert, an accredited independent certification body.
- Dhankuta, Nepal
- Tea colour:
- white tea
- Appearance: a blend of leaves and buds
- Colours: green and copper-coloured leaves, silvery buds
- Scents: dried vegetal, vanilla, fresh almond
- Scents: fruit (zest), floral (rose), almond
- Colour: golden
- Texture: smooth
- Flavours: very sweet
- Aromas: an intense initial aroma (white flowers, fresh rose, geranium), intense zested note, vegetal hint, almond milk, vanilla
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a Grand Cru with complex and intense floral and gourmet notes. Its highly-round, enveloping texture gives its aromas a longer finish
Suggestion of preparation
With the testing: 3'45 minutes in water heated to 85°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.