This Grand Cru comes from a little-known garden located in the Ilam valley. It is a black tea that is produced from clonal tea plants. This is the first time that this grower has exported their tea. A rare Nepalese tea!
This Grand Cru boasts powerful honeyed, toasted and liquorice notes. A delicious, round and sweet black tea.
- Ilam, Nepal
- Tea colour:
- black tea
- Appearance: attractive twisted whole leaves
- Colour: dark brown
- Scents: wood, fruit, floral, toasted
- Scents: toasted, wood, fruit (stewed fruit)
- Colour: coppery
- Texture: smooth
- Flavours: sweet
- Aromas: liquorice initial note, woody, honey, toasted, fruity (cooked fruit), spices (vanilla, cinnamon)
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: thick, highly sweet Grand Cru, with intense liquorice, honeyed and toasted notes. A very well-balanced and aromatic black tea
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 4 minutes in water heated to 85°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.