An exquisite Grand Cru from Fuding, in the Chinese province of Fujian. It is harvested along the Guoyang highlands, at 800 metres above sea level. The tea is shaped into pearls known as Moli Longzhu in Chinese, which may be translated at "dragon jasmine pearls", as the way the pearls are rolled brings to mind the eyes of a dragon. This involves imperial plucking (harvesting the finest leaves) of white tea from the renowned Fuding Dahao cultivar. Once the pearls are shaped, they are placed in contact overnight with jasmine flowers to bring out all of their aromatic potential. In the morning, the flowers are removed one by one so that only the most subtle and delicate jasmine notes remain. This step is repeated four times to achieve a specific, intense aroma. A rare, boundlessly refined tea.
The delicate and intoxicating aroma of jasmine is magnified by a smooth, complex and refined white tea. A rare and unforgettable Grand Cru.
- Fujian, China
- Tea colour:
- white tea flavoured with jasmin
- Appearance: superb pearls composed almost exclusively of long fluffy buds. The pearls are shapedwith precision, and are very regular
- Colours: silver pearl with beautiful green hints
- Scents: jasmine flowers
- Scents: the jasmine note is intense and lasts for a long time
- Colour: golden pale
- Texture: extremely oily
- Flavours: sweet
- Aromas: the jasmine notes are very complex and fresh and blend with fruity strawberry notes. The fragrance of the flowers is accompanied by the fresh and sweet notes brought by the tea buds which intensify the floral note
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: Jasmine is sovereign in this Grand Cru, which is exclusively made up of fine buds. The jasmine is precise, intense and abundant. It is unveiled with a long finishalongside a perfectly elegant oily texture
Suggestion of preparation
With the testing: 7 minutes in water heated to 70°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.