This Grand Cru's tea plants come from Fuding, in the Fujian region, along the Heng Shan mountain. During winter, the green tea is shaped into beautiful pearls, which are mostly made up of young shoots and silvery downy buds. Once summer begins, the pearls are placed in contact with fresh jasmine flowers overnight. This will give the leaves their aroma.
A subtle hint of jasmine beautifully complements this smooth green tea to create an exceptional blend with floral, opulent, and fresh notes.
- Fujian, China
- Tea colour:
- green tea flavoured with jasmine
- Appearance: leaves and buds shaped into pearls
- Colours: blends of green leaves and silver buds
- Scents: jasmine flowers
- Scents : jasmine, rich and complex, without animal notes
- Colours: golden pale
- Texture: oily
- Flavours: sweet
- Aromas: the floral note of jasmine is both opulent and fresh. A hint of red fruit (wild strawberry) and a milky nuance. In the background: all the sap of green tea
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: an intense initial aroma, the floral note has a long finish and leaves a fresh floral sensation after the final sip
Suggestion of preparation
With the testing: 5 minutes in water heated to 75°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.