An excellent velvety and sweet Chinese new season tea, with powerful lily, jasmine, mineral and fruity notes. A highly complex tea.
The Kangxi emperor christened this tea Bi Luo Chun, which means "Jade Spiral", due to its intensely green twisted leaves. It is one of the rarest and most famous Chinese teas. It is harvested at 500 metres above sea level in Jiangsu.
- Jiangsu, China
- Tea colour:
- green tea
- Appearance: delicately twisted leaves
- Colours: a blend of green leaves and silver buds
- Scents: floral, vegetal, a hint of mineral
- Scents: very floral, vegetal, (stems, fresh grass)
- Colours: pale yellow
- Texture: velvety
- Flavours: sweet with a delicate bitter finish
- Aromas: a highly floral initial aroma (Madonna lily, jasmine), fresh vegetal, mineral, almond milk, wild hints
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: floral notes mix together with an intense and very fresh central mineral note. Its subtly, powdery texture gives its highly elegant and complex notes a longerfinish. A magnificent Chinese spring tea
Suggestion of preparation
With the testing: 4 minutes in water heated to 70°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.