The Kabuse is a shaded tea: several weeks before the harvest, the tea plants are covered over. This light deprivation causes theanine to build up in the leaves, and lead to an exceedingly soft tea.
It is produced by Mr Sakamoto from the Yabukita cultivar. This Kabuse comes from the Shizuoka region, and is harvested at 350 metres above sea level in Haruno.
A Kabuse tea characterised by a dense texture, against which vivacious vegetal and iodised notes develop, with a powerful umami taste.
The perfect Grand Cru for those seeking to discover shade-grown teas.
- Shizuoka, Japan
- Tea colour:
- green tea
- Appearance: thin needles
- Colour: dark green, glossy
- Scents: fresh vegetal, buttery, pastry-like notes
- Scents: iodised, vegetal, floral
- Colour: pale green
- Texture: round and thick, with a subtly powdered finish
- Flavours: umami
- Aromas: fresh herbs, iodised, floral, fresh hazelnut, buttery
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a spring green tea with a very rich texture as well as powerful aromatic notes. Its intense umami flavour unveils vegetal, iodised and buttery notes to perfection, resulting in a long finish.
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 2 minutes in water heated to 70°C
With the Kyusu by successive infusions of 1 minute.
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.