For the first time in 30 years, here is a premium black tea from Japan. It is produced above Kagoshima using the Benifuki variety, by Mr Kumada, a farmer who is extremely respectful of nature, soil quality and biodiversity.A surprising tea with gourmet fruit, cereal, leather, honey and vanilla notes that follow one another in perfect harmony.
This tea is grown organically and certified by Ecocert, an accredited independent certification body.
- Kagoshima, Japan
- Tea colour:
- black tea
- Appearance: finely rolled whole leaves
- Colour: dark brown with copper glints
- Scents: cocoa, caramel, honey
- Scents: cocoa, waxed wood, floral
- Colour: amber
- Texture: velvety, with a highly delicate astringent finish
- Flavours: very sweet
- Aromas: a woody initial aroma, polished, spicy, floral, cooked fruit, vanilla, caramel finish
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: this tea boasts a perfect chemistry between its intense notes, delicately astringent texture and a sweet flavour that rekindles its gourmet notes. A rare and unconventional black tea
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 4 minutes in water heated to 90°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.