In the past few years, some of Nepal’s plantations have been moving away from tradition to follow their own passion for creating uncommon teas. This black tea comes from La Mandala, a tea garden set at more than 2000 m in altitude in the Ilam Valley.
A spring tea with a smooth texture revealing elegant vegetal notes mixed with the fragrances of fresh almonds and white flowers.
- Ilam, Nepal
- Tea colour:
- black tea
- Appearance: slightly rolled leaves and buds
- Colour: mix of greens with silvery buds
- Scents: vegetal, fruity, toast
- Scents: vegetal, floral
- Colour: golden
- Texture: smooth
- Flavours: sweet
- Aromas: floral (white flowers), fresh almonds, vanilla undertone, vegetal, lightly toasted
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a mild, rounded tea with floral, vegetal and strong almond notes
Suggestion of preparation
With the testing: 3'45 minutes in water heated to 85°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.