This delicious vegetal, floral white tea has subtle and harmonious notes, enhanced by a creamy texture and a delicate sweet flavour.
For the past few years, some Nepalese plantations have broken with tradition and are letting their passion guide them, offering new teas of very high quality that are truly out of the ordinary. Ilam and Dhankuta, in the east of Nepal, are unlike the large plantations. Here, they produce a sixth of Nepal’s tea using the traditional method: the tea leaves are kept whole, resulting in wonderfully rich aromas.
Mandala Silver Needles is a high-quality white tea from the La Mandala garden, situated at an altitude of more than 2,000 metres in Ilam district. This plantation processes its tea using rare, artisanal methods.
- Ilam Nepal
- Tea colour:
- white tea
- Appearance: a spectacular plucking made up exclusively of long buds covered in a gleaming down
- Colour: pale green with silver glints
- Scents: straw, breadcrumb, nuts, a hint of fruit
- Scents: fruit (green banana), flowers, nuts (fresh almond, macadamia), vegetal, mild honey
- Colour: ivory
- Texture: creamy, supple then delicately powdery
- Flavours: sweet
- Aromas: vegetal (stems), floral (white flowers), nuts (macadamia, almond), a touch of honey, milk (almond milk)
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: delicate, creamy and sweet, this liquor develops subtle and harmonious notes
Suggestion of preparation
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.