This tea is harvested in the Ilam valley. It comes from Mai Pokhari, a natural space which is revered in Hiduism and Buddhism. This delicious Oolong is inspired by the production methods used to create roasted "vintage" Taiwanese tea.
An atypical oolong with fruity, toasted and honey notes. It has a rounded, delicately powdery texture that coats the palate.
- Ilam, Nepal
- Tea colour:
- oolong (medium oxidation)
- Appearance: rolled leaves
- Colour: dark brown
- Scents: toasted, wood, fruit
- Scents: toast, fruit, wood
- Colour: amber
- Texture: velvety
- Flavours: very sweet
- Aromas: fruity initial note (cooked fruit), well-toasted, woody, honeyed, buttered, liquorice, sweet spices (vanilla)
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a Nepalese oolong that is as delicious as it is unusual. Its highly sweet flavour and round texture will spread across your palate. It has a complex mix of fragrances, being fruity, toasted, honeyed and with a vanilla finish all at the same time
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 6 minutes in water heated to 90°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.