A Chinese community has been growing tea for a number of decades in the village of Mae Salong in Northern Thailand. Planted using Taiwanese tea bushes, the gardens produce remarkably good Wu Long (oolong).
Resembling the Taiwanese Jin Xuan often used to make Dong Ding with delicious milky flavours, this cultivar produces excellent results. Wonderfully rich.
- Appearance: pea-sized balls
- Colour: dark green
- Scents: coumarin floral notes and milky on the nose with plenty of roundness
- Appearance: the tea unfurls to reveal the quality of the plucking
- Scents: bouquet of planty floral (honeysuckle) and milky vanilla notes (almond milk)
- Colours: golden
- Texture: creamy
- Flavours: sweet
- Aromas: fresh floral and buttery vanilla notes with vegetal hints