This Grand Cru comes from Mount Kenya, an effusive volcano located in the Kirinyaga region. It is harvested at over 1,800 metres above sea level. The leaves of this oolong, which come from Camellia Sinensis Assamica tea plants, are highly oxidised. This tea benefits from an exceptional soil type: mineral-rich volcanic soil. This tea was harvested in May.
A delicious oolong with a highly smooth texture and intensely sweet flavour. It develops soft honey, liquorice, vanilla and fruity notes.
- Kirinyaga, Kenya
- Tea colour:
- oolong (high oxidation)
- Appearance: long, thin, twisted leaves
- Colours: brown with golden glints
- Scents: honey, sweet vanilla, woody
- Scents: wood, honey, leather, fruit
- Colours: amber
- Texture: smooth
- Flavours: very sweet
- Aromas: strong honey, liquorice, vanilla, cooked fruit (plums, caramelised pears), polished wood
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a delicious, smooth and very sweet oolong, which develops honey, vanilla and fruity notes.
Suggestion of preparation
With the testing: 5' minutes in water heated to 90°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.