This spring Sencha is an Ichibancha, which means it is from the first harvest. These are the most complex and sought-after teas. This one comes from Tenryu in Shizuoka. It is made by a skilled producer, Mr. Ootaa, from the Yabukita cultivar.
This outstanding smooth and umami Ichibancha develops a complex aroma consisting of powerful vegetal, floral, marine and vanilla notes.
- Shizuoka, Japan
- Tea colour:
- green tea
- Appearance: superb long, thin, rolled needles
- Colour: dark green, bright leaves
- Scents: floral, vegetal, vanilla
- Scents: floral, fresh vegetal, raw vegetables
- Colour: pale green
- Texture: very smooth
- Flavours: umami
- Aromas: a powerful initial vegetal aroma, uncooked vegetables (green asparagus and raw courgette), powerful floral notes (lily), marine and vanilla hints
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: this excellent Ichibancha is both complex and smooth, with very intense vegetal and floral notes. An exceptional tea!
Suggestion of preparation
With the testing: 2 minutes in water heated to 70°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.