This tea comes from the well-known Sencha tea-producing region, Shizuoka. It is the work of a brilliant farmer, Mr Shoji, who made it using the Yabukita cultivar.
The leaf, which is remarkably delicate, is the first sign that this is a very high-quality tea.
Thanks to its floral, vegetal, marine and gourmet notes, this complex Grand Cru is a delight. An exquisitely elegant Shincha.
- Shizuoka, Japan
- Tea colour:
- green tea
- Appearance: highly-regular fine needles
- Colour: dark green, glossy
- Scents: vegetal, floral, mochi
- Scents:: fresh vegetal, floral, mochi
- Colour: pale green
- Texture: smooth
- Flavours: umami, sucrée
- Aromas: strongly floral, fresh vegetal, marine notes, buttered, vanilla, hints of fresh fruit
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a highly-elegant Shincha, with a round, thick texture that blends with its umami taste to create a subtly sweet flavour. Its notes, varying from floral, vegetal,marine and gourmet, are all complex and have a long finish. An outstanding Sencha
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 2 minutes in water heated to 70°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.