This Indian Grand Cru comes from the prestigious Darjeeling region. It is harvested in the Teesta Valley, in the veryhighest reaches of the Namring tea garden. The production process is inspired by that of oolong. A rare and quite unique tea.
A sweet, silky autumn flush revealing aromas of vanilla, rose, geranium and honey with a subtle toasted finish.
- Darjeeling, India
- Tea colour:
- Oolong tea
- Appearance: large crumpled leaves
- Colour: dark brown, mahogany shards, silvery buds
- Scents: very floral, wood, toast
- Scents: floral, fruit, wood, vanilla
- Colour: amber
- Texture: amber
- Flavours: sweet
- Aromas: vanilla, floral (rose, geranium), fruit (candied citrus fruits), wood, strong notes of honey, toasted finish with an animal undertone (leather)
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: an exquisite autumn Darjeeling revealing complex floral, fruity and woody notes giving way to an intense taste of honey heightening the sweet impression on the palate
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 4 minutes in water heated to 85°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.