An atypical oolong from Indonesia. Its leaves, shaped into tightly-rolled regular pearls, are reminiscent of Taiwaneseoolong. The comprehensive roasting of the leaves will delight fans of rock teas and so-called "antique" oolong.
A sweet tea with a velvety texture unveiling powerful notes of toast, dry wood, stewed fruit, coffee beans and licorice stick.
This tea is grown organically and certified by Ecocert, an accredited independent certification body.
- Banten, Indonesia
- Tea colour:
- oolong (medium oxidation)
- Appearance: branches of leaves shaped into pearls
- Colour: dark green with copper hints
- Scents: toasted, wood, fruit
- Scents: toasted, wood, fruit, spicy
- Colour: amber
- Texture: velvety
- Flavours: sweet
- Aromas: a toasted attack, wood (dry wood), toasted bread, fruit (black fruits, cooked fruit), caramel, coffee beans, spicy, liquorice sticks, vegetal and floral hints
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a sweet, velvety oolong boasting fine, powerful aromas with intense toasted and fruity notes alongside fragrances that bring to mind coffee beans and licorice root. This tea's subtile and distinct vegetal and floral notes have a long finish
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 5 minutes in water heated to 90°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.