This Grand Cru comes from the Cauca Valley, Colombia. It is harvested at between 1,800 and 2,050 metres above sea level on the Andes mountain range. This high-altitude soil provides exceptional climatic conditions for growing tea plants. This tea is made from a blend of Sinensis and Assamica tea plants.
This green tea has a powdery texture and offers a remarkable palette of vegetal and floral aromatic notes, which develop into intense mineral notes.
This tea is grown organically and certified by Ecocert, an accredited independent certification body.
- Chocó, Colombia
- Tea colour:
- green tea
- Appearance: thin rolled leaves
- Colours: green
- Scents: dry vegetal, fruit
- Scents : vegetal, nuts, mineral
- Colours: yellow pale
- Texture: powdery
- Flavours: sweet with a subtle bitterness
- Aromas: cooked vegetables (green vegetables), floral, highly mineral (flint), nutty (hazelnut) and toasted note against a fresh vegetal backdrop
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: long and full in the mouth, this unique tea offers an attractive range of intense aromatic notes against a highly mineral, vegetal backdrop.
Suggestion of preparation
With the testing: 4 minutes in water heated to 75°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.