A unique flush, thanks to its rich aromatic profile and its intense floral fragrance. The freshness of its vegetal notes runs over into sweet hints of vanilla and almond.
This tea is grown organically and certified by Ecocert, an accredited independent certification body.
The spring flushes are so exquisite that connoisseurs call them the “Champagne of tea”. For a number of years, this garden has produced delightful “clonal” harvests derived from AV2 tea plants, our favourite cultivar in Darjeeling.
- Darjeeling, India
- Tea colour:
- black tea
- Appearance: very attractive twisted and even leaves
- Colour: khaki green
- Scents: almond, brioche, suggestion of mint
- Scents: fresh almond, roses, plant stems
- Colour: golden yellow
- Texture: perfectly smooth
- Flavours: a hint of sweetness and slight acidity
- Aromas: superb floral note of roses, zest, almond and brioche and a very fresh vegetal undertone (camphor, mint)
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: exquisitely floral aroma of roses and zest at the start, harmoniously accompanied by vegetal notes (mint, camphor) and sweet hints of vanilla and almond. Very long finish leaving an impression of freshness. A unique experience
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 3'45 minutes in water heated to 85°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.