Japanese DETOX is a delicious recipe combining the detox benefits of Sencha green tea, spirulina, and buckwheat with soothing notes of nashi pear. This perfect choice for a relaxing break can be enjoyed both hot and iced.
In Japanese culture, it is important to take time for oneself, to re-centre one’s thoughts and protect oneself against the daily turmoil and stress, which are considered toxic.
In Japan, purifying the body means seeking relaxation.
This delicate blend is made up of:
- green teas from China and Japan: known for its detoxifying properties, green tea is very rich in catechins — antioxidants that help regulate weight — and caffeine that gently flushes out toxins and excess water.
- spirulina: Japan is the world’s biggest consumer of these microscopic algae that is also known as a superfood. It is very rich in iron, vitamins, amino acids and minerals. This detox essential contains a super-antioxidant — phycocyanin — which helps the liver flush out toxins and acts as a natural anti-inflammatory.
- buckwheat: this healthy gluten-free cereal is regularly consumed as an infusion and in soba noodles in Japan. It is in flavonoid with antioxidant properties and has detoxifying qualities. It also has a high magnesium content, a good de-stressor that supports muscular relaxation.
- nashi pear: one of the few typically Japanese fruit with subtle aroma that is a cross between apple and pear. Its sweet, soothing notes give the final touch to this blend.
This tea is made up of ingredients grown organically and has several organic certifications: AB label, EU certified organic food label, Ecocert organic certification, USDA Organic label.
To go further: Which detox tea should you choose?
Suggestion of preparation
We recommand you to use a metal filter and not a disposable paper filter to prepare Japanese DETOX, for an optimal infusion of spirulina.
How to prepare this tea hot:
Infuse 15g of Organic Japanese DETOX in 1L of water at 75°C for 3 min.
How to prepare this tea iced:
Infuse 16g of Organic Japanese DETOX in 1L of water at room temperature for 30 min. When the infusion is ready, place the liquor in the fridge to cool.
To prepare latte tea:
Steep 8g in a mixture of 25cl of water at 75°C and 25cl of hot milk for 5min.
Find out more about the latte preparation.
Sencha green tea* (Japan, China) (75%), buckwheat* (15%), natural pear flavour(5%), spirulina* (3%), rose petals*.
* Organically grown ingredients