South African DETOX is a delicious blend combining the detox and draining benefits of 3 typical plants from this region — rooibos, honeybush, and moringa — with the sweet flavours of African mango. It can be enjoyed both hot and iced.
This blend is made up of:
- rooibos: a shrub that only grows in South Africa and gives a caffeine-free liquor. Its has recognised health benefits: a powerful antioxidant, rich in mineral salts that encourages the elimination of toxins.
- honeybush: this relative of rooibos, grown in South Africa, has been used for a long time by South Africans for its medicinal properties. Its flowers smell of honey, hence its name. Also caffeine-free, it contains flavonoids (antioxidants) which encourage the elimination of toxins and have draining properties.
- moringa: also known in Africa as the “miracle tree”, this highly nutritional plant with emerald-green leaves is recognised as a “superfood”. Naturally rich in antioxidants, vitamins, essential amino acids and minerals, it is ideal for gently draining the body and supporting weight loss.
- African mango: also known as wild mango, it brings a flavoursome touch.
This tea is made up of ingredients grown organically and has several organic certifications: AB label, EU certified organic food label, Ecocert organic certification, USDA Organic label.
To go further: Which detox tea should you choose?
Suggestion of preparation
To prepare hot rooibos:
Infuse 15g of tea in 1L of water at 95°C for 5 min.
To prepare iced rooibos:
Infuse 16g of tea in 1L of water at room temperature for 45 min.
When the infusion is ready, place the liquor in the fridge to cool.
To prepare latte rooibos:
Steep 8g in a mixture of 25cl of water at 95°C and 25cl of hot milk for 5min.
Find out more about the latte preparation.
Rooibos* (South Africa) (86%), honeybush* (5%), moringa* (5%), natural mango flavour (4%), safflower petals.
* Organically grown ingredients.