Throughout China, "Mao Feng" stands for good quality tea with plenty of buds. This delicious Mao Feng, grown at an altitude of 300 metres from Fu Ding plants, is produced on a small family plantation run with a true passion and a never-ending quest to improve the quality of its tea. The plantation is located in the Zhejiang mountains, some 30 kilometres from Yiwu, and produces this green tea in accordance with excellent environmental standards, without the use of pesticides. The plants are tended to entirely by hand using traditional methods. The plantation is surrounded by five kilometres of fallow fields which helps ensure the consistent quality of Mao Feng Imperial. The result is a pure delight!
This tea is a real findand perfectly capable of rivalling the most prestigious names. You'll love it!
- Aspect: twisted leaves.
- Colour: dark green
- Scents: a pronounced vegetal note (cooked vegetables, cut grass) and a mineral hint.
- Colour: green.
- Scents: vegetal to start (cooked vegetable, cut grass), a mineral hint, a floral scent, a subtleanimal aroma and a toasted note.
- Colour: a green liquor with a hint of yellow.
- Texture: a very delicate astringency to start, which coats the mouth and gives the tea a goodpresence.
- Aromas: vegetal, mineral and metallic to start, with nuts, a toasted hint, and floral scents inthe middle.
- Aromatic profil and lenght in the mouth: a lively, pleasant length with vegetal (rawvegetables) and cut grass notes.
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 4' minutes in water heated to 75°C.