This spring Sencha is an Ichibancha, which means it is from the first harvest. These are the most complex and sought-after teas. This one comes from Kirishima in Kagoshima. It was made from the Saemidori cultivar, and was harvested 350 metres above sea level
A rich, powerful sencha, with a smooth initial texture that develops into a powdery finish. Its vivacious aromas are vegetal, fruity and iodised.
This tea is grown organically and certified by Ecocert, an accredited independent certification body.
- Kagoshima, Japan
- Tea colour:
- green tea
- Appearance: fine, evenly-shaped needles
- Colour: dark green, glossy
- Scents: vegetal, mochi, honey
- Scents: cut grass, iodised, honey hants
- Colour: pale green
- Texture: smooth
- Flavours: umami, subtle acidity
- Aromas: intense vegetal, citrus, iodised, artichoke, mineral hints
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: an ichibancha with vegetal, fruity and iodised aromatic notes supported by a texture which gives them a long finish when tasting. A fine example of a rich, powerful Saemidoir
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 2 minutes in water heated to 70°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.