This Tamaryokucha Kamairi Cha is made in Gokase, Miyazaki prefecture. The particularity of a Tamaryokucha Kamairi Cha is its high-temperature fixing: it is roasted instead of being autoclaved. The production method is more like the one used in China. Its matt, dark-green leaves differ from thoseof the Tamaryokucha Mushisei.
A fine Kamairi Cha characterised by fresh vegetal and marine notes, which are enhanced by a highly subtle toasted note.
This tea is grown organically and certified by Ecocert, an accredited independent certification body.
- Miyazaki, Japan
- Tea colour:
- Green tea
- Appearance: twisted leaves
- Colour: dark green, glossy
- Scents: vegetal, buttery, toasted
- Scents: steamed spinach, marine notes, buttery
- Colour: pale green
- Texture: smooth
- Flavours: umami
- Aromas: vegetal, marine note, vanilla, fruity, subtle iodised note, toasted hint.
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a highly round Tamaryokucha, which develops an intense umami taste, a round texture and fresh and fine vegetal and marine notes.
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 2' minutes in water heated to 70°C
With the Kyusu by successive infusions of 1 minute
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.