This garden is 1,800 to 2,000 m above sea level, near the village of Charibanyang. Overlooking Kumbhakarna mountain, it lies inside a pollution-free area, meaning that the leaves are processed in very healthy surroundings.
A velvety, sweet Grand Cru that reveals honeyed, cocoa, vanilla and wooden notes with subtle floral hints.
- Panchthar, Nepal
- Tea colour:
- black tea
- Appearance: long leaves
- Colour: dark brown leaves and silver buds
- Scents: wood, honey, toasted bread
- Scents: honey, floral, cocoa hints
- Colour: mahogany
- Texture: velvety
- Flavours: sweet, with a subtle bitterness which gives the notes a long finish
- Aromas: honey, wood, waxed, floral (rose), cocoa, vanilla hints, toasted to finish
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a smooth and sweet black tea that develops highly honeyed notes with cocoa and vanilla hints
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 4 minutes in water heated to 85°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.