This garden is 1,800 to 2,000 m above sea level, near the village of Pathivara. Overlooking Kumbhakarna mountain, it lies inside a pollution-free area, meaning that the leaves are processed in very healthy surroundings.
A powerful black tea with woody, honey notes and subtle fruity hints. Its silky texture develops into a fine astringency which extends the aromas. This tea is grown organically and certified by Ecocert, an accredited independent certification body.
- Panchthar, Nepal
- Tea colour:
- black tea
- Appearance: regular rolled leaves.
- Colours: brown.
- Scents: woody, toasted, hint of fruits.
- Scents : woody, stewed fruits, spicy.
- Colours: amber.
- Texture: silky with a delicate astringency.
- Flavours: sweet.
- Aromas: an attack on woody and waxy notes, with a spicy peak, nuances of cooked fruit and a honey- flavoured finale.
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a powerful tea with intense notes that are both woody and spicy, supported by an elegant and finely astringent texture that prolongs the aromas.
Suggestion of preparation
With the testing: 4 minutes in water heated to 85°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.