A delicious premium tea with a full, astringent texture that develops powerful notes of fruit, flowers and zest at the start, reinforced by a slight acidity.
This garden lies at an altitude of between 1,800 and 2,000 metres in a remote part of eastern Nepal, in the village of Pathivara. Facing Kumbhakarna mountain, Pathivara is just 5km from Singhalila reserve, a biodiverse area of the eastern Himalayas. The area is completely free of pollution, so that the natural oxidation process takes place in a very healthy environment.
- Panchthar, Nepal
- Tea colour:
- black tea
- Appearance: attractive twisted leaves with plenty of downy bud
- Colours: black and gold
- Scents: fruit, burnt notes (bread crust)
- Scents: fruit (dried apricot), flowers (rose), burnt notes (bread crust), hints of cocoa, oakmoss and mushroom
- Colour: amber
- Texture: full with a delicate astringency that makes the aromas long-lasting
- Flavours: a touch of acidity that brings out the fruity qualities
- Aromas: fruit (date, quince, apricot), a floral accent, zest, butter, wax
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a powerful fruity start, reinforced by a subtle acidity that adds sparkle to the liquor, with a smoother underlying waxy note
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 4 minutes in water heated to 85°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.