This garden is 1,800 to 2,000 m above sea level, near the village of Pathivara. Overlooking Kumbhakarna mountain, it lies inside a pollution-free area, meaning that the leaves are processed in very healthy surroundings.
An intense black tea which develops woody, toasted, floral and honey notes, offering a velvety texture with a delicate astringency. This tea is grown organically and certified by Ecocert, an accredited independent certification body.
- Panchthar, Nepal
- Tea colour:
- black tea
- Appearance: thinly rolled leaves with buds.
- Colours: brown leaves with flashes of gold.
- Scents: woody, toasted.
- Scents : woody, toasted (caramel), hint of flowers.
- Colours: coppery.
- Texture: velvety with a delicate astringency.
- Flavours: sweet, slight bitterness.
- Aromas: a woody attack, with floral and vanilla nuances, a honey-flavoured peak, and a toasted finale.
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: an intense tea, with woody and subtly toasted notes that are balanced with the fresh floral notes. The ample and elegant velvety texture elongates the notes.
Suggestion of preparation
With the testing: 4 minutes in water heated to 85°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.