This is a sweet black tea with spice, cocoa and fruit notes that linger in the mouth.
This garden lies at an altitude of between 1,800 and 2,000 metres in a remote part of eastern Nepal, in the village of Pathivara. Facing Kumbhakarna mountain, Pathivara is just 5km from Singhalila reserve, a biodiverse area of the eastern Himalayas. The area is completely free from pollution, so that the natural oxidation process takes place in a very healthy environment.
- Panchthar, Nepal
- Tea colour:
- black tea
- Appearance: large rolled leaves with a few buds
- Colours: Mainly copper and brown
- Scents: wood, cocoa and a hint of malt
- Scents: fruit, nuts, wood (waxed wood)
- Colour: amber
- Texture: a delicate astringency
- Flavours: a touch of sweetness
- Aromas: wood, malt, cereals, fruit, vanilla, hazelnut, a hint of spice (clove, pepper), cocoa
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a sweet liquor finishing on spicy, cocoa notes
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 4 minutes in water heated to 85°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.