This Grand Cru is a Dian Hong Cha, which is a Chinese black tea from Yunnan province. When it is harvested, only fine golden buds of exceptional quality are chosen, which are rich in aromas and offer an ideal tasting texture. A subtly exquisite tea.
An excellent black tea with powerful, complex notes including wooden, honeyed, fruity and wild aromas, as well as hints of tobacco and mushroom.
- Yunnan, China
- Tea colour:
- Black tea
- Appearance: a harvest comprised entirely of remarkable, evenly-sized fine buds
- Colour: golden buds
- Scents: honey, wood, wet wicker
- Scents: forest honey, leather, wood, fruit
- Colour: dark mahogany
- Texture: powdery
- Flavours: a delicate acidity and an elegant touch of bitterness which gives the notes a long finish
- Aromas: forest honey, wood, animal, leather, prunes, hints of mushroom, tobacco, mocha
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a powerful, complex black tea which reveals rich notes, including intense honeyed and wooden notes with a long finish, alongside a delicately powdered texture
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 4 minutes in water heated to 90°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.