In China, Qimen is considered to be one of the finest teas. Unlike "refined" Qimen teas, the leaves of this Qimen Xiang Luo are handmade into fine and regular delicate spirals. A beautiful tea.
This charming Grand Cru boasts a great aromatic complexity. Its cocoa, honey, floral and vanilla notes follow one another and mix together perfectly.
- Anhui, China
- Tea colour:
- black tea
- Appearance: beautiful, finely-twisted leaves
- Colour: dark brown with golden buds
- Scents: cocoa, honey, fruit
- Scents: cocoa, wooded, honeyed
- Colour: coppery
- Texture: silky
- Flavours: sweet
- Aromas: a strong cocoa initial aroma, honeyed, wooded, caramel, malted hints, floral, with a vanilla finish
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a tea with highly gourmet notes, with a finish that unveils cocoa, honey and vanilla aromas. The texture is round, exceedingly silky and with a smooth sweet flavour
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 4 minutes in water heated to 90°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.