This compressed tea has powerful aromas combining notes of wood, fruit and liquorice.
Situated on Qingshan mountain in Hunan province, this farm of 38 hectares has been growing tea since 1950. It produces excellent teas using environmentally-friendly methods.
Net weight: 960g
Please note that since this product is subject to drying, net weights may vary slightly.
- Hunan, China
- Tea colour:
- dark tea
- Appearance: a brick of compressed leaves
- Colours: pale brown to dark brown
- Scents: fruit (dried fruit), animal
- Scents: wood (dried wood), wax, a mineral accent, burnt and liquorice hints
- Colour: amber
- Texture: a powdery texture, creating a thick feeling in the mouth
- Flavours: subtly sweet
- Aromas: wood (dry wood), wax, fat (cocoa butter), fruit (dried fruit, nuts – walnut), an animal accent, and an underlying hint of liquorice
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: powerful, surprising aromas creating an intense attack of wood and fruit, with a sweeter underlying quality due to a sugary, liquorice note
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 4 minutes in water heated to 90°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.