A Grand Cru from the Rohini tea garden in West Bengal (Kurseong district). This is a fine harvest comprised of leaves and many buds. This Darjeeling is an autumn harvest.
A tea with a silky texture that reveals rose, citrus and fresh almond notes. This tea's subtle acidity gives the aromas a much longer finish.
- Darjeeling, India
- Tea colour:
- black tea
- Appearance: leaves and buds finely rolled
- Colour: blends of dark green, pale green and brown
- Scents: honey, floral, toasted
- Scents: fruit (zest), floral (rose), fresh vegetal
- Colour: golden
- Texture: silky
- Flavours: subtle acidity
- Aromas: floral (rose, geranium), fruit (zest), vanilla hints, nuts (fresh almond), fresh vegetal, camphor hints
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: A Grand Cru with a silky texture, and a complex aromatic profile which is zesty and camphoric with a rose aroma and a subtle acidity which gives the aromas a long finish
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 4 minutes in water heated to 85°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.