This Grand Cru is a green tea from Darjeeling. This region is renowned mainly for its black teas, making this tea a rare find. It is harvested in the spring, which gives it a particularly rich aromatic complexity.
A green tea Cru with a delicately powdered texture, characterised by powerful vegetal notes and a long and smooth mineral finish.
- Darjeeling, India
- Tea colour:
- green tea
- Appearance:very large crumpled leaves
- Colour: olive green
- Scents: vegetal, mineral, toasted
- Scents: raw vegetal, mineral
- Colour: golden
- Texture: powdery
- Flavours: sweet, with a subtle bitterness
- Aromas: highly vegetal, raw vegetables (raw courgette, asparagus, fresh peas), mineral (flint), floral, fruity hint (almond)
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: this Darjeeling tea is characterised by its strength and freshness. Its vegetal aromas are very powerful, as is its mineral note, which has a long finish when tasting. This Grand Cru is a perfect way to discover Darjeeling green teas.
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 4 minutes in water heated to 75°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.